Got my order for Sugarpill Cosmetics and I am so impressed. I bought the Buring Heart Palettte, Heart Breaker palette and the Sweatheart palette. The color pay off is insane!!
I am hitting myself in the head wondering why I waited so long to buy form them!
I haven't tried my sample of Junebug that I was sent yet, but it looks like it would be a colour that I would use. I will have to buy and try a FEW of their loose shadows.
A+ product and the package is cute.
*** GREAT GIFT IDEA ALERT***
There are so many things you can do with pigmnets. You can use them as an eyeshadow and mix them for custom colors. But what else can you do with them??
1)Nail polish: mix you pigment into a cheap dollar store clear polish. You can also add glitter. ( If you do add glitter, make sure your nail polish has 2 sliver balls to mix the glitter so it won't settle at the base of the jar).
2)Lotion: Great for clubing or a night on the town. Mix a gold or bronze color to a body lotion and you will add a nice hint of sparkle to your arms, legs and chest. Almost like those Twilight vamps......almost.....
3)Lip Gloss: Add your fave color to a clear gloss! Easy as that!
4)Mascara: Dip yor wand in color pigment to make a nice colored mascara OR use the colored mascara over your eyebrows to keep up with todays hot trends.
5)Wash out hair color: Stir pigment in with gel or hair wax for an instant punk look.
6) Face Illuminator: Add MAC's pigment in Vanilla to your daily face moisturizer and apply on yor cheekbones, down the bridge of your noes and as a highlighton yor brow bone.
I hope this has given you new ideas on what you can do. Experiment and have fun. Get creative.
The possibilities are endless!!!
Mascara: How to avoid clumping lashes
Try to Zig-zag your mascara wand into the lashes to seperate each lash and avoid clumping. If you notice your mascara clumping a lot, it may be time to replace it.
Lip Service: How to pick the right shade
It can sometimes be hard to find a nice shade of lipstick that suits your skin tone. What many of us do is swipe a lipstick color on the back of our hand to see what it would look like on us and to check the color pay-off.
Next time try testing the shade on your fingertip. Our finger tips are almost the same color and texture as our lips, plus you can hold yor fingertip to your face and see what the color would look like against it.
NEVER put a tester directly on your lips. That is just inviting infections!
The best tip for application of foundation is that when you apply it, it should not be noticeable by anyone but you. Foundation should always match your skin tone exactly.
· You should test the shade of your foundation on your jaw line to ensure that it matches your complexion.
· While choosing the foundation always keep in your mind that foundations look slightly darker in the bottle.
· You should blend in the foundation gently with the help of a makeup sponge, foundation brush or your fingers.
· If you use your fingers to apply your foundation, use your ring finger around the sensitive eye area. By using this finger, you will use less force then if you used your index finger.
· The right foundation for your skin is that foundation, which disappears into your skin.
· If you discover that you are between shades then you can blend two foundation colors together.
· You should tap the foundation on with help of a sponge, finger or foundation brush.
· You should keep two shades of foundation in your collection. One that is suitable for winter and the other suitable for summer skin. During rest of the year, the two colors will match perfectly with your skin tone if mixed together.
· If you want a tan look then you should NOT use a darker foundation but use a bronzer as your last step of make-up.
· Make sure that you allow the foundation to dry after applying it.
· If you want heaver coverage, try a cream foundation.
· You should use lotions or tinted moisturizers for the lighter coverage.
· The tinted moisturizer works well for summer but may not last as long.
· In case you find that oil surfaces during the day, you should blot the area with a tissue then apply a light dusting of powder.
· You should always apply powder to set make-up and reapply throughout the day in order to prevent shine.
· You should apply the foundation nearly ten minutes after the moisturizer because if you do not allow the moisturizer to get absorbed into the skin.
· To make your foundation last longer, use a face primer before you apply your foundation.
· Set your foundation with a translucent powder.
I hope this helps your adventure with makeup!
You have got the man and the wedding plans are in motion... But how you will look on your big day?
Make up starts with great skin.
Here’s a list of things you should keep in mind and avoid a few days before the wedding:
~Avoid substances that could give you oily skin, swelling and irritation. These include red meat, alcohol, caffeine, spicy or deep fried foods.
~ Dont do too much tanning before the wedding. You may start to peel!!
~ Remember to drink lots of water to keep hydrated and flush out the toxins.
~ Avoid using Retin A and Alpha Hydroxy creams prior to the wedding day. (They may cause skin peeling, flaking and irritation that will show in photos)
~ Exfoliate your skin with a manual exfoliator the day before your wedding.
~Have your brows professionally shaped prior to the wedding day. Nice brows are very important because they frame the eyes. Remove any unwanted facial hair at the same time.
~ Refresh your hair color a week before the wedding. Get rid of dark roots and split ends.
~Book a day at the spa to de-stress and pamper yourself .
~ Do NOT use any new facial products incase you get a bad reaction from them.
~Remove all traces of makeup the night before your wedding. Avoid dry lips by putting a lip moisturizer on your lips before bed and the morning of your wedding. Your face should be clean and product free when the make-up artist arrives.
~Make sure you wash and moisturize your face 15 mins before the make-up artist starts. This will help ensure that the makeup doesn't cause your skin to dry out.
~ If you have to go to your MUA's or salon for your makeup, please make sure to arrive on time. If you are running late, call to notify them.
~If you’re not hiring a make-up artist for the whole wedding day make sure you have a lipstick, powder and blotting sheets with you to touch up when needed.
Hope this helps!
The Body Shop has a new Spring line out - for a limited time!
You can choose one of their 2 new paletts, one lip treatment and one mascara.
3 items for $30!!! The Palette alone retails for $24 alone! What a steal!
I got Palette 02
Description: This eye palette features three pearlescent shades in silver, white and pink, and a matte black. It includes a mini Eye Definer in 01 Black and features collectable packaging designed by London College of Fashion.
My Personal View:
The eyeshadow has a soft, almost creamy texture. Each color is very pigmented and has a great staying power.
Juicy Peach Lip Treatment
Description: Sheer Peach Lip gloss in a limited-edition tube features a integrated brush. It features collectable packaging designed by London College of Fashion.
My Personal View:
Ultra sheer and shiny. Has a soft Passion fruit sent that is not overwhelming. Not a sticky gloss.
One thing that I did not like about this product was that 3 of the synthetic hairs from the brush stuck to my lip.
Since I wrote about pressing your own Glitter, I thought we should stay on the same topic. Forget those high priced body shimmer/glitter!
Just make your own!
How to make body Glitter
Thoroughly clean and dry a small jar with an airtight lid.
Put 4 tablespoons of aloe gel in the jar.
Add 1 teaspoon of fine glitter in your choice of color to aloe gel & mix well.
You can add a scent to glitter (1 or 2 drops of essential oil to the jar) and mix.
Put the lid tightly on the jar and keep for up to 3 months.
Great for Halloween.